World Baking Day Bake Off (The “Competition”) Terms and Conditions
The promoter is Siqalo Foods and Gorilla Creative Media (“the Promoter”).
Any persons entering or participating in this Competition (“Participant”) accept and agree that by
entering this Competition they have had an opportunity to read and consider these Terms and
Conditions and that they are bound by these Terms and Conditions.
What is the Prize
1. A Participant stands a chance of winning the following prizes:
Round 1, 2 & 3
– 1st place: Kenwood Food Processor FDP645SI
– 2nd place: R1000 Yuppiechef voucher
– 3rd place: R500 Yuppiechef voucher
4th and final round
– Kenwood Chef Titanium XL maga pack x 2 (winner and their mentor/influencer)
World Baking Day (17 May 2019) Spot prizes:
– 1 x Kenwood Food Processor FDM786BA
– 4 x Kitchen hamper (apron, gloves, cake decorating kit)
– 4 x R250 Yuppiechef voucher
known as (“Prizes”).
2. The Prize is not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash or any other items. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize/s with any other prize of comparable commercial value.
3. Participants can enter all three rounds, however they will only be eligible to win one of the main prizes once (ie 1st, 2nd or 3rd).
Who can participate
4. Any customer that is a legal resident of South Africa who is 18 years or older may participate in the Competition.
5. No director, employee, agent or consultant of:
5.1. the Promoter;
5.2. any other subsidiary or associated person who controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
5.3. the supplier of goods or services in connection with the Competition; or
5.4. the marketer of the Competition, or their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members, may enter this Competition.
How to Participate
6. To enter this Competition, Participants must follow the below steps for all 3 rounds:
Step 1: Buy Stork Bake, visit the Stork website https://www.stork.co.za/ sign up to our newsletter in order to unlock our technique masterclass videos that focus on three different baking techniques.
Step 2: Bake anything sweet or savoury, using the technique in the baking process.
Step 3: Upload a picture of your finished bake with your Stork Bake pack to Facebook or Instagram to stand a chance to win. Include the #Storkbakesbest
For the 4th and final round, participants must follow the below steps:
– The first place winners from each round will get the opportunity to work with an influencer to create a final masterpiece.
– The winners will be assigned to an influencer and receive one on one masterclass guidance for the final round. They will need to collaborate together to create a sweet or savoury dish using Stork Bake.
Week 1 – Winner will need to collaborate with the influencer, then bake and send photo and
description of finished baked goods to Gorilla Creative Media to upload on Facebook and
Week 2 – The public will be able to vote via social channels (Facebook and Instagram) for their favourite entry.
7. Multiple entries are permitted, however participants are only allowed to win once.
8. Entries which are unclear, illegible or contain errors will be declared invalid.
9. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged or delayed entries for any reason whatsoever, and proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt by the Promoter. The Promoter is not liable for any technical failures affecting the participation and/or Prize redemption process of the Competition.
10. In the event that entry into this Competition is contingent on the Participant entering any website or social media page or application, the Participant hereby acknowledges that any and all costs associated with the required internet connection will not constitute a cost of entering into this Competition and shall be borne solely by the Participant.
11. By entering this Competition the Participant consents to the collection, processing and further processing of his/her personal information (including personal information contained in electronic communications) by the Promoter for the purposes of conducting this Competition and facilitating the participant’s participation in the Competition.
12. By posting any content, images, or comments on any of the Promoter’s public and/or social media platform, a Participant consents to and gives the Promoter a world-wide royalty-free licence to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish such content, images or comments for the purposes of promoting the Promoter’s products and/or services.
13. By entering the Competition, the Participant unconditionally and irrevocably indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoter, as well as its holding company, its subsidiaries and any subsidiaries of its holding company, and their successors and assigns, directors, employees, agents or consultants against all and any losses, claims, proceeding, actions, damages, (direct, consequential or otherwise) liability, demands, expenses, legal costs (on an attorney and own client basis) howsoever arising out of, based upon, or in connection with (directly or indirectly) the Participant’s participation in the Competition and the Prize/s.
14. This Competition runs from 10 May and closes at 12pm on Friday 28 June (“closing date”). Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to reasonably extend, shorten, suspend the time period of the Competition or terminate the Competition for technical, commercial, and/or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control. The Competition, Prize and Terms and Conditions may be reasonably amended by the Promoter, at any time during the Competition. In such event, all Participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they shall have no recourse against the Promoter whatsoever.
16. The first 3 winners from round 1, 2 and 3 will be selected by an influencer within 2 days at the end of each round. The 4th and final round winners (winner and influencer) will be selected by the public (using a poll) and will be announced on 8 July.
17. The judges’ decision, if applicable under clause 14 above, will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. The Participant selected as the recipient of the Prize will be notified via [Facebook] within 2 days of the date on which the winner is determined. In the event that the winner cannot be successfully contacted, or fails to respond to the Promoter within this time, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Participant in substitution. The names of the winners will also be published on the Stork Website www.Stork.co.za
19. The Promoter may require the winner/s to:
19.1. to provide their name, identity number, and to enable the Promoter to verify the entry;
19.2. to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of the Prize, and indemnity;
19.3. where the entry includes the submission of any work eligible for copyright in terms of the Copyright Act No. 98 of 1978, conclude an agreement of assignment whereby any rights which the Winner may have in respect of such works are transferred to the Promoter.
Should the winner/s refuse to comply with this rule for any reason then the winner shall be deemed to have rejected the Prize, and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
20. Any winner may be requested to attend the draw and announcement of the Winner, to take part in the Promoter’s publicity campaigns or to allow their names and likenesses to be used by the Promoter for promotional purposes.
21. The Winner is, however, entitled to decline such request.
22. Where a winner consents to take part in the Promoter’s publicity campaigns, they will not be entitled to any remuneration for such participation and all materials arising from such participation will be the sole property of the Promoter.
23. Should any dispute arise in relation to these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter’s decision be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
24. For more information or a copy of these Terms and Conditions, please visit [www.rclfoods.com]. Any Competition related queries may be directed to email@example.com from Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm.